Deeper into West Africa - notes prior to leaving

Trip to Guinea, Guinea-Bissau & Senegal overland using taxi brousse for a month over Christmas & New Years 2006/2007 A follow up from the 2005/2006 escapade to Mauritania ..

Saturday, November 18, 2006

First departure

Having spoken to Gianni to make last minute preparations the night before last; he told me that he's catching the bus today from Turin down to Morocco. There's a COMANAV ferry from Genova to Tangiers which is (to my mind) an easier way to get there but Gianni's not big on boats!!

This poses a big question: will he be willing to get the fishing/ferry boat from Cacine (G.Bissau) to Kamsar (Guinea) with me? Or will we cross the border by road??? I'm still unclear as to whether there is a boat that still runs!

Meanwhile I've finally ordered the new Petit Fute guide to Guinea & Guinea Bissau having read my Routard guide on Senegal/Gambia cover to cover. Petit Fute finally published their guide on November 10th, so it's the most up to date guide around. In French - at least we'll both be able to read it.

Wednesday next week I'll get my fourth yellow fever vaccination will be done - unbelievable that I've already had 30 years cover ....!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home